A transcript from my Diary of our California vacation in June and July 1970, as it was written by me back then (age 15). My parents packed us four kids up in a VW camper and proceeded to California and back! I don't know how they did it but as you will see, it was one heck of a trip! I kept a diary on the trip, and these are my exact words that were written in 1970. 


 

 *Note- the map links are all google maps and can be zoomed in or out by using the controls.

                                                   Cathy                Tom        Ken         Carey
                                                               VW Camper in 1970

Note: there were six of us on the trip. \The camper slept 4, Mom and Dad and the girls. The boys slept in a tent that could either be hooked up to the side of the camper or be set up on its own.



No comments: