June 25 1970

Where: Hermosa Meadows Colorado 
Weather: Very Hot 
Miles Today: 354 

 We made the rather long but spectacular trip over the mountains to Durango Colorado today. The only boring part about it was when we hit the flat plateau between the two ranges. I would say that Hermosa Meadows was the best camp so far. The washrooms are excellent and there was a cool fast running river nearby. Ken accidentally threw a rock at my foot and smashed it up. The lady at the camp showed slides of the Colorado area and I wish we could stay in Colorado longer. It is the best state we have been in so far
.
 

Click for maps

 Hermosa is now closed!
. In April of 2003, Hermosa Meadows CamperPark will no longer be operating as a campground. We do appreciate our many loyal campers. Our wish is for you to visit Durango and enjoy your stay in the area; whether a past guest or future guest. 

2 comments:

Keleigh Reyes said...

Hello. My name is Keleigh and my grandparents were the originators of Hermosa Meadows. My grandfather passed 27 years ago and my grandmother is approaching 90. We have lost so many pictures of the campground and came across your website tonight as we shared memories. If you have any photos of the campground that you might be willing to share we would be very excited.

Keleigh Reyes said...

p.s. The lady that showed the slides was my grandmother :)Such a wonderful lady!